- My Eligibility
- Staff (TEAMS)
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty (OPS)
- Graduate Assistants
- Post-Doctoral Associates
- USPS & Law Enforcement
What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to add, change, or remove benefits enrollment elections for the next plan year. Elections made during open enrollment are effective on January 1st of the following year. Outside the annual open enrollment period, employees may only make changes to their benefits elections within 60 days of a qualifying status change event.
When is Open Enrollment?
The open enrollment period for 2023 benefits is:
- Begins – October 10, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. EST
- Ends – October 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. EST
How can I learn more about available plans?
Please attend the annual Benefits & Wellness Fair:
- Monday, October 24, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- At the Evans Champions Club at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Open Enrollment Key Takeaways
Watch videos explaining 2023 plan information
The Division of State Group Insurance (DSGI) has put together a playlist with videos explaining 2023 plan information. Videos are available in both English and Spanish.
How can I prepare for this year’s Open Enrollment?
- Make your open enrollment elections by 6:00 p.m. EST on October 28. If possible, make your elections early in case you have questions or need assistance.
- Review your current benefit elections and decide if they continue to meet your (and your family’s) needs. You can view your current elections by navigating to myUFL > Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Summary. Also, the state mailed your Annual Benefits Statement in early October and are also available for viewing through the People First portal.
- Review and update your address in ONE.UF. Be sure to confirm your emergency contact information is up-to-date, too! Instructions found online here.
- Review and update your life insurance beneficiaries. A toolkit for UF products is available at https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/my-benefits/enrollment/. Resources for updating State beneficiaries are available through the People First portal.
- Attend annual Benefits & Wellness Fair hosted by your benefits vendors and UF HR. This year’s fair is scheduled on Monday, October 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Evans Champions Club at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
What do I need to know about benefits for 2023?
- No increase to employee health insurance premiums for State or GatorCare plans
- High Deductible Health Plan annual deductible increased to $1,500 for individual and $3,000 for family
- New State of Florida Humana PPO dental plan
- Employee premiums for State of Florida Ameritas and MetLife PPO dental plans will decrease
- Employee premiums for State of Florida Humana vision plan will decrease
- The annual carry-over for the State Flexible Spending Account increased to $570
How Do I Make Changes to My Benefits During Open Enrollment?
- Changes to State (People First) Benefits – Make changes through People First
- The People First portal is accessed at https://People First.myflorida.com/People First.
- Your People First ID Number can be found on most PF communication and in myUFL (Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info).
- If the ‘Forgot Password’ link does not work or changes are needed, you may contact the People First Service Center at 866-663-4735 for assistance.
- Enrollment Guide
- Changes to University of Florida (UFSelect) Benefits – Make changes through My Self-Service in myUFL
- UFSelect benefits include GatorCare, Eagles Dental, UF Vision, Optional Term Life, Disability Benefits, and Preferred Legal Plan.
- Navigation: Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment.
- Enrollment Guide
What If I Have Questions? WE CAN HELP! We know navigating the full range of benefits UF has to offer can be overwhelming, and we want you to know that we’re here to help.
You can reach a UF HR Benefits Specialist by submitting a message at https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/contact/