- My Eligibility
- Staff (TEAMS)
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- OPS (Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty)
- Graduate Assistants
- Post-Doctoral Associates
- USPS & Law Enforcement
What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to add, change, or remove benefits enrollment elections for the next plan year. Elections made during open enrollment are effective on January 1st of the following year. Outside the annual open enrollment period, employees may only make changes to their benefits elections within 60 days of a qualifying status change event.
When is Open Enrollment?
The open enrollment period for 2021 benefits is October 19 to November 6, 2020, at 6 p.m. EST.
How can I learn more about available plans?
Due to safety concerns, both UF and the State of Florida are hosting a series of informational webinars in lieu of our annual Benefits & Wellness Fair. Register to attend as many as you wish. Check out upcoming events and watch for further updates in the coming weeks.
Open Enrollment Key Takeaways:
How can I prepare for this year’s Open Enrollment?
- Review your current benefit elections and decide if they continue to meet your (and your family’s) needs. You can view your current elections by navigating to myUFL > Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Summary.
- Review and update your address in ONE.UF. Be sure to confirm your emergency contact information is up-to-date, too! Instructions found online here.
- Review and update your life insurance beneficiaries. A toolkit for UF products is available at https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/my-benefits/enrollment/. Resources for updating State beneficiaries are available through the People First portal.
- Review your Annual Benefits Statement from the state. Statements are mailed in early October and will also be available through the People First portal.
- Attend OE webinars and information sessions hosted by your benefits vendors and UF HR.
- State plans: People First has webinar information on its website.
- UF Select and GatorCare plans, Wellness programs: View the UF calendar
- Watch for further communications in UF at Work and on the UF HR website.
- Make your OE elections by 6 p.m. EST on November 6. If possible, make your elections early in case you have questions or need assistance.
What do I need to know about benefits for 2021?
- State of Florida / People First Plans
- Rate increase for Ameritas & Metlife dental PPO plans.
- Rate increase for state optional life insurance plans.
- NO RATE INCREASE for employee contribution on state health plans. (Note: There is a rate increase for health plans, but UF will pay the increase in cost. Your contribution will be unchanged.)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) participants may increase their Health Savings Account contributions for 2021:
- Limit for individual coverage is $3,600 (an increase of $50)
- Limit for family coverage is $7,200 (an increase of $100)
- Participants who turn 55 prior to 12/31/21 may contribute an additional $1,000
- State Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) has increased the 2020-2021 limit to $550 (an increase of $50)
- UF Select / GatorCare Plans
- No rate increases for UFSelect optional life and disability insurances, other than those that are typically tied to age and/or salary.
- No rate increase for Eagles Dental plan or UFSelect Humana vision plan.
- GatorCare plans have changes to plan coverage for 2021. Refer to the 2021 Summary of Health Plan Benefits found on the GatorCare website for more information on plan changes. (Please note the 2021 GatorGradCare (GA) plan changes are not yet finalized. The GatorCare website will be updated once the plan changes are finalized.)
How Do I Make Changes to My Benefits During Open Enrollment?
- Changes to State (People First) Benefits – Make changes through People First
- The People First portal is accessed at https://People First.myflorida.com/People First.
- Your People First ID Number can be found on most PF communication and in myUFL (Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info).
- If the ‘Forgot Password’ link does not work, contact the UF HR Benefits Team for assistance. We may need to help update your PF profile.
- Make changes over the phone by contacting the People First Service Center at 866-663-4735.
- Enrollment Guide
- Changes to University of Florida (UFSelect) Benefits – Make changes through My Self-Service in myUFL
- UFSelect benefits include GatorCare, Eagles Dental, UF Vision, Optional Term Life, Disability Benefits, and Preferred Legal Plan.
- Navigation: Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment.
- Enrollment Guide
What If I Have Questions? WE CAN HELP! We know navigating the full range of benefits UF has to offer can be overwhelming, and we want you to know that we’re here to help.
You can reach a UF HR Benefits Specialist in any of the following ways: