- My Eligibility
- Staff (TEAMS)
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty (OPS)
- Graduate Assistants
- Post-Doctoral Associates
- USPS & Law Enforcement
What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to add, change, or remove benefits enrollment elections for the next plan year. Elections made during open enrollment are effective on January 1st of the following year. Outside the annual open enrollment period, employees may only make changes to their benefits elections within 60 days of a qualifying status change event.
When is Open Enrollment?
The open enrollment period for 2022 benefits is October 11 to October 29, 2021, at 6 p.m. EST.
How can I learn more about available plans?
Both UF and the State of Florida are hosting a series of informational webinars in lieu of our annual Benefits & Wellness Fair. Register to attend as many as you wish. Check out upcoming events and watch for further updates in the coming weeks.
Open Enrollment Key Takeaways:
How can I prepare for this year’s Open Enrollment?
- Review your current benefit elections and decide if they continue to meet your (and your family’s) needs. You can view your current elections by navigating to myUFL > Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Summary.
- Review and update your address in ONE.UF. Be sure to confirm your emergency contact information is up-to-date, too! Instructions found online here.
- Review and update your life insurance beneficiaries. A toolkit for UF products is available at https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/my-benefits/enrollment/. Resources for updating State beneficiaries are available through the People First portal.
- Review your Annual Benefits Statement from the state. Statements are mailed in early October and will also be available through the People First portal.
- Attend open enrollment webinars and information sessions hosted by your benefits vendors and UF HR.
- State plans: People First has webinar information on its website.
- UF Select and GatorCare plans, Wellness programs: View the UF calendar
- Watch for further communications in UF at Work and on the UF HR website.
- Make your open enrollment elections by 6 p.m. EST on October 29. If possible, make your elections early in case you have questions or need assistance.
What do I need to know about benefits for 2022?
- No increase to employee health insurance premiums for State or GatorCare plans.
- Employee premiums for State of Florida Ameritas and MetLife PPO dental plans will increase.
- Additionally, Eagles Dental Reimbursement plan offered through UF will also increase.
- The State Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account annual contribution maximum has been reduced from $10,500 to $5,000 for the 2022 calendar year.
How Do I Make Changes to My Benefits During Open Enrollment?
- Changes to State (People First) Benefits – Make changes through People First
- The People First portal is accessed at https://People First.myflorida.com/People First.
- Your People First ID Number can be found on most PF communication and in myUFL (Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info).
- If the ‘Forgot Password’ link does not work, contact the UF HR Benefits Team for assistance. We may need to help update your PF profile.
- Make changes over the phone by contacting the People First Service Center at 866-663-4735.
- Enrollment Guide
- Changes to University of Florida (UFSelect) Benefits – Make changes through My Self-Service in myUFL
- UFSelect benefits include GatorCare, Eagles Dental, UF Vision, Optional Term Life, Disability Benefits, and Preferred Legal Plan.
- Navigation: Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment.
- Enrollment Guide
What If I Have Questions? WE CAN HELP! We know navigating the full range of benefits UF has to offer can be overwhelming, and we want you to know that we’re here to help.
You can reach a UF HR Benefits Specialist in any of the following ways: