- My Eligibility
- Staff (TEAMS)
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- OPS (Temporary Staff & Adjunct Faculty)
- Graduate Assistants
- Post-Doctoral Associates
- USPS & Law Enforcement
A graduate assistant is entitled to a leave of absence under the following circumstances:
- He or she is disabled or otherwise unable to perform assigned duties because of injury, illness, jury duty, or required U.S. military service, or when his or her presence is required elsewhere because of injury, illness, or death in the immediate family.
- The university is closed for a state holiday or declared emergency, unless the conditions of the appointment require the employee to perform duties at these times.
- He or she is taking examinations for professional licensing related to the degree, or qualifying examinations are required by the university.
- He or she is traveling to conferences or other special events for professional development.
Personal time is paid up to five days per semester appointment, which is credited at the beginning of each semester. This leave may not be used in less than one-day increments, and leave is not cumulative from semester to semester.
For more information, please refer to Article 8 of the GAU contract.
Graduate assistants should contact their hiring department directly to schedule a Leave of Absence. Hiring departments with questions regarding GA Leaves of Absence should contact the Graduate School by emailing email@example.com or calling (352) 392-6622.