Additional Resources—State and Federal Aid
On Oct. 10, 2018, Hurricane Michael, a historic category-4 storm, devastated parts of the Florida Panhandle. As affected areas slowly recover from the impact of Hurricane Michael, there are a number of resources available, including Aid-A-Gator, that UF faculty and staff in the region have available including:
Forms may be filled out at disasterassistance.gov, or by calling 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-745-0243.
National Flood Insurance
If you need help contacting your insurance company, call 1-800-427-4661.
Disaster Legal Services
For legal help, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
211. Citizens Information Line established for non-emergency calls.
You can also text the word “Michael” to 898211
- Florida Disaster homepage: https://floridadisaster.org/
- Hurricane Michael Emergency Info through Florida Disaster.org: https://www.floridadisaster.org/info/
- Applying for assistance through DisasterAssistance.gov: https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- FEMA page on Hurricane Michael, listing counties that have been designated: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4399
- The UF Field and Fork Pantry: https://fieldandfork.ufl.edu/
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Disaster Loan Assistance: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/HomePersonalPropertyLoans
- Federal Reemployment Assistance: http://www.floridajobs.org/news-center/DEO-Press/2018/10/15/federal-reemployment-assistance-available-to-individuals-impacted-by-hurricane-michael
- IRS Tax Relief for Victims of Hurricane Michael: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-relief-for-victims-of-hurricane-michael-in-florida